Yummy treats for Valentines Day…
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup strawberry preserves
- 1/3 cup confectioners’ sugar for decoration
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease baking sheets.
- Cream the butter with the white sugar and brown sugar. Beat in the egg and vanilla.
- Mix the flour and baking powder together. Stir in the flour mixture into the butter mixture and combine.
- Cut dough using a heart-shape cookie cutter and place on the prepared baking sheet. Inside the indentation in each cookie and fill with jam. Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 12 to 15 minutes. Let cool completely and sprinkle with confectioners’ sugar.